Happy Friday my writing friends! Busy, crazy week. I know I probably say that too much, but too was a bit extra nutty. Like peanut butter. Ummm. Peanut Butter.
Here is some linkage to start your weekend:
- Ways to work a writers conference. Haven’t been to one? Maybe find a small one in your area.
- I’m doing this. (I think orders may be closed, but I bet you could create your own).
- I’m helping to judge something else (you can enter!)
- I watched and was moved by Mario’s Story.
- I was less moved, but somewhat amused by the 15 minutes I made it into William Shatner’s Gonzo Ballet
–and the poem is off to be edited
I’ll take my poem down and any poems (or other types of writing – but not comments) posted below in one week.
By that time I’ll have survived (and enjoyed) the Fine Arts & Literary Festival which launches Sunday at my school. I’ll keep reflecting on the full we had studying “Othello” this week in British Lit and persuasive essays with multi-media components (lots of hysterical power points) in Composition. And, I’ll be planning way ahead as I contemplate what to teach in the fall as I get a new class: Film as Literature.
Looking forward to hearing what you guys have been up to! Oh, and I did submit some poems this week even if I didn’t write anything new.