I resolve to not have a typical resolution list because I think less in resolutions and more in goals and aspirations.
- Be More Positive – about everything in my life. I work on this each year, I think!
- Take Better Care of Myself – this is part of why I am going to be moving away from Shape of a Box (well and technical issues) as well as still doing work with other writers but just a little bit fewer of requests that come my way.
- Spend Even More Time with Friends and Family – online and in person. There are definitely some non-evils to social networking.
- Continue Submitting My 3rd Chapbook Zombie Girl. Would love to see it accepted in 2010 even if published in 2011.
- Try Putting Together 2nd Full Length Manuscript – I have a goal to wait until I have 36 individual poems published before I try the 2nd manuscript again. You could argue I have reached that but I have my own way of doing math. Ha! Think I want to wait till about April or so to really work on this.
- Have Fun Finishing Proofs of First Full Length Collection and Giving Readings for It – Paper House should be out at the end of March and I have readings scheduled starting with April 2010. So looking forward to having a book with a spine. I love my chapbooks but there is something about that perfect bound look of a book that makes me feel like a kid!
- Start Submitting Photography – I have done quite a bit of amateur photography but I think I want to start submitting pictures to literary magazines in 2010.
- Walk More, Eat Less Junk – yeah, I’m not setting goals for loosing weight just more ways taking better care of myself.
- Keep Writing and Sending Work Out – I put these hand in hand because sending work out is a large part of my revision process. I like submitting work at least once a week and hopefully attempting at least one new poem a week.
- Track Things! – I have been getting more and more organized but this year I want to keep better track of what I read (because it influences what you write!) and I need to keep better track of Freelance kind of expenses such as number of books sold etc.
So a lot of my goals and aspirations seem to feed back onto each other but even though I started the year sick, I am still looking forward to 2010. Cheers to all of you!