My fourth chapbook An Amateur Marriage was released by Finishing Line Press in April of 2012. You can order directly from FLP or send $13 to the author via paypal or email to discuss other options at jessie.carty(at)gmail.com
An Amateur Marriage was a finalist for the 2011 Robert Watson Poetry Award as judged by A Van Jordan.
An Amateur Marriage is also now available on Amazon.
There is one copy now for sale at Barnhill’s Books in Winston-Salem, NC. You can also check with your local independent bookstore.
For some examples from the book read:
- My Field of Vision, The Homemaker and Housewife in Training – Scythe Literary Journal
- If I Had a Son – Blogging Along Tobacco Road
- Joseph Harker discusses the chapbook on his blog.
- Jessica Graustein reviews the chapbook on her blog
- Nancy Posey was kind enough to post a review in Wild Goose Poetry Review
- Kathleen Kirk wrote a fun (and funny!) review over at Prick of the Spindle
- Theresa Senato Edwards dives into some excellent analysis of the chapbook on her blog
- The first reivew of the chapbook was completed on Sherry Chandler’s blog. Thanks, Sherry!
You can also hear the poet read a poem titled “To the Boy in the Lobster Sweater” in a video on YouTube