I thought I’d do a blog post today about the first day back to school
- Up at 7 and out the door by about 7:40 because there is so much construction around campus related to interstate 85 work. Managed to get some Starbucks breakfast (need my tea!) and was in my office by 8:10am.
- Caught up on some email etc before my first class at 9am. Comp 1. Hurrah for 100% attendance on the first day of class!
- Back to my office after 9:52 for office hours from 10-10:50. Checked in on my one online class (comp 2 – Literature Based Research) and thrilled to see a few people have already logged in and are starting to participate in the first Ice Break activity.
- Good 11am class and now back to my office to update their class notes online and to check in on my online class. Some of the 9am students have already completed part of their Scavenger Hunt first day activity! Way to go guys. One more class to go today, and then registration to help with tonight. So love having an office where I teach because I can grab quick snacks in my room in between classes.
- Whirlwinded through my 1pm class, and now I’m playing catch up in the office before registration (drop/add) starts at 4:30. I have to help till 6:30 which means today is a day off from working out. Heck. I’m just hoping to feel up to cooking dinner since I won’t be home till 7 or 7:30.
- Then – start all over tomorrow morning.
On tap for tomorrow is drop/add help from 9-10:30, then two classes and office hours which will have me on campus until at least 4pm. I may have another appointment that will keep me from helping with registration at 4:30 tomorrow (last day of drop/add) so we shall see.
In between I need to keep checking my online class, and grading the scavenger hunts that come in for my comp 1′s. Tomorrow are my comp 2 classes which are longer, but they will already know some of the school basics. Oh yeah – and planning, planning, planning…
Does it stop?