Here I go on the late Monday posting again! After class this morning I met up with my sister to do a little girl shopping and then some lunch. We were very well behaved but now VERY tired so here I go to play catch up!
- Great issue of Poets & Writers magazine arrived in my snail box recently. From one article I pulled this great quote, “Concentration is no longer a given” (Agni editor Sven Birkerts.” Are we all spread to thin? I shall discuss that more.
- Next up. My husband was on his day off the other day which meant he still received phone calls. One was to check their new HD .2 channel (Do I have to explain all that? Is it pertinent?) which is called LiveWell. We watched a bit of it to make sure all the commercials were running well and I was intrigued by a book called The Carb Lovers Diet because it sounded similar to the natural way I eat. It is actually a pretty good book. Good nutrition details although I disagree with doing 1200 calories to start. Think it is better to do about 1600 or more if dieting so you can go down to lower calories later as you lose weight. Also, the before and after pictures are laughable cause the people are obviously just in nicer clothes! But some good solid material in here.
- I have to give a big shout out to Sibling Rivalry press. I am WAY behind on my reading so I just now had a chance to read Sibling’s first chapbook project, the anthology: Fat Hag: A Scandalous Chapbook of Fabulously-Codependent Poetry in which one of my Fat Girl poems appear. I know some of my readers will be like – whoa- not for me but seriously if you have a liberal bent you are gonna enjoy this little chapbook, although as Tel put it, you might need a cold shower afterwards….
- In fun news regarding Folded Word Press I am happy to announce that there are now $5 issues of all Folded Word chapbooks! These don’t have the same cardstock hand made look to them but at $5? Great holiday giving! They are even running a special where if you buy a copy of my book you get a free copy of a “green edition”!!
- And last up would be a really great set of short stories I read in Metazen. I love reading online journals and blogs but I am having to drastically scale back to only subscribing to a few via email instead of my blog reader cause I can’t keep up. That’s mean I’m also going to scale back subscribing to individual blogs as well which I’m not happy about but I will go to the blogs of those who comment here!
It is already an hour past when I started typing this up and still so much to do today so I say adieu for now!