Hello, Monday! I’m actually pretty awake for a Monday, especially considering we have now added a new kitten to the household and he is a bit frisky
- I recently finished reading the graphic novel version of Pride & Prejudice & Zombies. I read the book a few months back and the graphic novel is very similar, of course, but with more action. It was ok and actually might be a fun pick instead of the book if you have already read the un-zombie, original version of Pride & Prejudice but I did find the illustrations a bit annoying because so many of the characters looked like the other characters. That drives me nuts in graphic novels!
- I’ve read some good posts about the MFA recently. Here is one.
- This week author AJ Jacobs will be speaking at Lenoir-Rhyne University in Hickory, NC. The event starts at 7pm. AJ is a non-fiction writer. I really enjoyed his books Know-It-All and The Year of Living Biblically.
- Story with great use of extended metaphor.
- I recently finished reading Praying at Coffee Shops by Maureen Sherbondy. I picked this up when Maureen and I read together at the end of April so you can see how far behind I still am on my reading list! I love this little collection. It confronts some issues with being Jewish in the South. My favorite poem is probably A Child’s Voice where Maureen writes: In the room of silent prayer /eyes closed to visual distraction / air spinning with thoughts / and wishes, one young voice / breaks through / Where is God? / drops like a rock / in the sanctuary.
I may need to do a link round up soon because I have a document full of great links for you guys! Tomorrow I am hoping to post an interview with a poet. So stay tuned!
And, have a great week