Here we are again on Monday!
- Jessica Handler will be reading tonight at Wingate University, east of Charlotte. Invisible Sisters was probably my favorite memoir that I read in 2009. I’m hoping I might be able to make it to the reading but it is a bit of a haul for me. She is a great reader so if you can, stop by! Or if you can’t. Why not pick up a copy of the book?
- On Friday evening, starting at 7 there is a poetry reading at Green Rice Art Gallery in the NoDa area of Charlotte. Lots of local talent to read. I keep meaning to make it to one of these. Is this week the time I will get to go?
- You know I love to read across the genres so how about a writer and artist team putting together some comics over at Abridge Coffee. Site is fairly new but they will be adding new stuff. Check the archives.
- Black Eyed Susan’s may be the blog where I actually picked up the idea for Monday Shout Outs. The author of this site always has terrific recommendations for multi-cultural/racial reading as we as, most recently, some very important posts and protests about publishers who practice “white-washing.”
- Missed a spot! Another shout out to Camroc Press Review who also has an essay up by one of my friends from Zoetrope. Diane – yay!
Lots planned for this week. Need to make a vlog for tomorrow. Believe I am going to talk about all my pending to read books! Have an interview with a writer for Wednesday, poems to share on Thursday, the wrap-up on a few short days ahead on Friday and a few ideas for topics for this weekend but I like to leave myself open to change my mind about blogging on the weekend whenever I can!
Hope everyone has a great week! I posted the pictures of all the house work I was describing last week on Facebook but you don’t have to be a member to see them. I made them viewable to the public.
Time to check my pedometer to see how many steps I’ve already done today and then perhaps begin working on submitting poems and stories early this week…perhaps….